Head of Steering & Analysis - Energy Firm
Salary: Excellent market rates and career path
A senior quant risk analyst is needed for leading a small team for a major energy trading firm in Europe as the “Head of Steering and Analysis” for biggest energy portfolio in Europe for their “Credit Risk Teams”.
My client is recognised as one of the world’s finest trading firms and full relocation packages and visas if need be, will be on offer.
· In this role you will manage a team of four colleagues with economic or quantitative skills who support steering the biggest energy portfolio in Europe
· You will be responsible for answering questions like: Which of our exposures need to be managed together? How to optimally allocate Risk Capital? How should we react to major external events? How do we steer appropriate risk taking? How do we correctly benchmark our performance?
· You should join us if you want to work mainly on a project basis in a highly motivated international team, creatively solve complex tasks and communicate your results directly to senior management
· You will have the possibility to pursue a career in an exciting and fast-paced international energy trading company and to continuously increase and share your knowledge and skills
· University degree or equivalent in economics, mathematics, natural sciences, or engineering
· 5 years experience of working in a trading environment as well as knowledge on European energy markets
· 5 years experience in managing a team
· Proven track record in successfully setting up and managing projects
· Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues
· Intercultural experience and the ability to collaborate actively across cultural borders
· High level of personal drive, energy and flexibility
· Strong ability to convince and to cooperate, even in high-pressure and conflict situations
· Business fluent up to board level in English