Organised by New York Mercantile Exchange
Coal – Introduction to Trading and Hedging
Tue, 28 Oct - Wed, 29 Oct 2008
New York City, New York, United States
General informationThe course is designed to help traders, hedgers, managers and support personnel in the coal industry gain a more detailed understanding of what all of the instruments, tools & techniques available for coal hedging & trading.
Successful coal trading & hedging can add an enormous value to a firm, a lack of understanding can easily lead to disastrous results. It is therefore, vital for participants to be knowledgeable about the latest tools, techniques and tactics available for.
You will leave this course with a solid and immediately useful understanding of:
* A thorough understanding of the fundamentals of the coal market
* A thorough understanding of the various mechanisms of physical and OTC instruments for use in trading & hedging
* The who, what, where & why to employ risk management in the coal sector
* How all of the tools & techniques work and how they can be applied to the development of a successful program
* Transportation techniques as applied to both trading & hedging coal
Based on the above approach and the attendee�s exposure, specific trading & hedging objectives will be discussed along with various strategies using both traditional and financial instruments. This will allow the attendee to develop their own specific strategies most suited to meet the objectives of their companies using the knowledge based learned in the program.
* Fundamentals of the International Coal sector
* The vocabulary of coal trading & hedging
* The what , why, how & who of coal
* Primary coal production locations and trends
* The important quality factors
* The market participants
* Coal supply & trading activities
* Market behavior
* Coal supply and trading activities
* Transportation considerations
* Coal futures contracts and hedging applications
Trading and hedging objectives will be discussed along with various strategies using the various technical analysis tools and techniques. This will allow each participant to develop his own trading and hedging strategies.
- No activity